Community Quran Classes will resume Insha’Allah on Monday August 13th.
If you are a returning student or if you are already registered, no further action is needed. But if you have never registered before, your first step is to register in the desired class at
Please take note of the following changes:
1- Now, all classes are open for age 6 and up.
2- The prep class time on Saturday will be from 11:15 am to 1:15 pm.
3- If you have a group who is interested in one of our courses, Insha’Allah we will be willing to accommodate you to a more flexible schedule.
Community Quran Reading Classes by ANQA
Learn to read and recite Quran properly from An Noor Quran Academy’s certified experts. Open to all students and all levels — elementary, middle school, high school, college, or beyond, and from Beginner to Advanced levels.
- Classes are offered during convenient late afternoon/evening hours in small groups to allow for more individualized instruction.
- Fee per student is $50/month (Fee waiver and/or financial assistance available upon request).
- All classes are held at IAR.
- Separate classes for Brothers & Sisters.
1) Beginners 1: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Have the Arabic alphabets memorized.
- Recognize the different shapes of each letter, and pronounce each letter correctly.
- Read and write all the letters in the beginning, middle and end, while using the basic three Harakat (Dammah, Fathah, Kasrah) and Soukoun.
2) Beginners 2: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read and write the stretched letters (Madd).
- Recognize the double Harakat (Tanween) and use them with all the letters.
- Know the stressed letters (Shaddah) and pronounce them correctly.
3) Beginners 3: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read and write words that have three or more letters.
- Make the difference between all the sounds and Harakat while reading single words.
4) Beginners 4: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read phrases of two words or more.
- Know how to read Hamzat-ul-wasl when at the beginning or the middle.
- Recognize the difference between Alif and Laam Ashamsiyah and Al-Qamariyah.
- Learn how to read a combination of two words, the first of them ends with a weak letter or a Soukoun, and the second begins with a weak letter or a Soukoun.
- Learn how to pronounce the ending of words when we stop, and when we continue.
5) Intermediate 1: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read correctly from the Tajweed color code Mushaf.
- Recognize the signs that are used in the Mushaf, including stop signs, Sajdas, and any other special features that has to do with how the Mushaf is written.
6) Intermediate 2: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read correctly without difficulty from the Mushaf while recognizing and applying the basic Ahkam of Tajweed, i.e: Ahkam of Noun Sakinah and Tanween, Meem Sakinah, Moudoud, Tafkhim and Tarqiq, and Qalqalah.
7) Khatm al-Quran reading class (9th grade & up): Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Complete the reading of the entire Quran from Al-Fatihah to An-Nass.
- Observe the Ahkam of Tajweed using a color code Mushaf.
To join this class students have to be able to read Arabic without difficulty.
8) Hifth Al-Quran memorization class (9th grade & up):
- Insha’Allah, by the end of this course, students will be able to complete the Hifth of the entire Quran.
- Each student will get one one-on-one session a week half an hour long to recite his/her Hifth assignments.
- The schedule for this class is flexible and might be subject to change depending on the teacher/student agreement.
9) Hifth prep class:
This class is for students of 2nd to 4th grade who wish to get ready to become future Huffaz. It will prepare students to enroll in An-Noor Quran Academy’s full-time Hifdh Program. Successful completion of this course, along with positive recommendation from instructor, can improve chances for admission in the school’s full-time program and students may be able to skip up to first three months of An-Noor Quran Academy’s Hifdh curriculum.
In this class students Insha’Allah will learn:
- How to read Quran fluently while applying all Ahkam of Tajweed.
- Arabic writing skills.
- Memorization skills.
The prerequisite for this class is to be at the intermediate 2 level.
10) Tajweed class for sisters (9th grade and up):
- This course is for Sisters who can read Quran, but desire to strengthen Tajweed and continue to improve reading fluency.
11) Special need Quran class:
This class will Insha’Allah introduce children to the five pillars of Islam and other basic Islamic concepts, and guide them in the memorization of short Surahs. It is a wonderful opportunity for children with special needs to hear and memorize the Quran in order to identify with their faith. Parents are welcome to attend with their children.
Register At: Quran Learning at IAR