Community Quran Reading Classes by ANQA
Learn to read and recite Quran properly from An Noor Quran Academy’s certified experts. Open to all students and all levels — elementary, middle school, high school, college, or beyond, and from Beginner to Advanced levels.
- Classes are offered during convenient late afternoon/evening hours in small groups to allow for more individualized instruction.
- Fee per student is $50/month (Fee waiver and/or financial assistance available upon request).
- All classes are held at IAR.
- Separate classes for Brothers & Sisters.
1) Beginners 1: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Have the Arabic alphabets memorized.
- Recognize the different shapes of each letter, and pronounce each letter correctly.
- Read and write all the letters in the beginning, middle and end, while using the basic three Harakat (Dammah, Fathah, Kasrah) and Soukoun.
2) Beginners 2: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read and write the stretched letters (Madd).
- Recognize the double Harakat (Tanween) and use them with all the letters.
- Know the stressed letters (Shaddah) and pronounce them correctly.
3) Beginners 3: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read and write words that have three or more letters.
- Make the difference between all the sounds and Harakat while reading single words.
4) Beginners 4: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read phrases of two words or more.
- Know how to read Hamzat-ul-wasl when at the beginning or the middle.
- Recognize the difference between Alif and Laam Ashamsiyah and Al-Qamariyah.
- Learn how to read a combination of two words, the first of them ends with a weak letter or a Soukoun, and the second begins with a weak letter or a Soukoun.
- Learn how to pronounce the ending of words when we stop, and when we continue.
5) Intermediate 1: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read correctly from the Tajweed color code Mushaf.
- Recognize the signs that are used in the Mushaf, including stop signs, Sajdas, and any other special features that has to do with how the Mushaf is written.
6) Intermediate 2: Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Read correctly without difficulty from the Mushaf while recognizing and applying the basic Ahkam of Tajweed, i.e: Ahkam of Noun Sakinah and Tanween, Meem Sakinah, Moudoud, Tafkhim and Tarqiq, and Qalqalah.
7) Khatm al-Quran reading class (9th grade & up): Insha’Allah, upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Complete the reading of the entire Quran from Al-Fatihah to An-Nass.
- Observe the Ahkam of Tajweed using a color code Mushaf.
To join this class students have to be able to read Arabic without difficulty.
8) Hifth Al-Quran memorization class (9th grade & up):
- Insha’Allah, by the end of this course, students will be able to complete the Hifth of the entire Quran.
- Each student will get one one-on-one session a week half an hour long to recite his/her Hifth assignments.
- The schedule for this class is flexible and might be subject to change depending on the teacher/student agreement.
9) Hifth prep class:
This class is for students of 2nd to 4th grade who wish to get ready to become future Huffaz. It will prepare students to enroll in An-Noor Quran Academy’s full-time Hifdh Program. Successful completion of this course, along with positive recommendation from instructor, can improve chances for admission in the school’s full-time program and students may be able to skip up to first three months of An-Noor Quran Academy’s Hifdh curriculum.
In this class students Insha’Allah will learn:
- How to read Quran fluently while applying all Ahkam of Tajweed.
- Arabic writing skills.
- Memorization skills.
The prerequisite for this class is to be at the intermediate 2 level.
10) Tajweed class for sisters (9th grade and up):
- This course is for Sisters who can read Quran, but desire to strengthen Tajweed and continue to improve reading fluency.
11) Special need Quran class:
This class will Insha’Allah introduce children to the five pillars of Islam and other basic Islamic concepts, and guide them in the memorization of short Surahs. It is a wonderful opportunity for children with special needs to hear and memorize the Quran in order to identify with their faith. Parents are welcome to attend with their children.
Register At: Quran Learning at IAR